Tuesday, June 15, 2010

.cracked pepper potato chips.

These were so tasty, also from my "So Easy" recipe book. However, when I made these I didn't cut the potatoes thin enough and cook them long enough. So they did not really taste like chips but were still good and probably much healthier than the store bought ones. I also added some extra garlic..because I like it :)



Ingredients
2 large russet potatoes sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Salt to taste

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the potatoes in a large bowl with the oil and pepper until well coated. Arrange the potato slices in 1 layer on a baking sheet; use 2 baking sheets if necessary. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chips are crisped and lightly browned. Remove from the oven, season with salt, and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment