Wednesday, May 19, 2010

.portobello mushroom burger.

This is my new favorite burger...Im actually not much for meat and love mushrooms so when my friend Val introduced me to this burger from Cheesecake Factory (which is fabulous) I was hooked! This burger is great for vegetarians and is made so quickly. I would also highly recommend honey wheat buns from trader joe's :) It pairs nicely with homemade parmesan fries..recipe for this soon to follow. I made this meal for my mom on mother's day and she loved it!



Ingredients
4 portobello mushroom caps
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
4 (1 ounce) slices provolone cheese
Sliced tomatos
Grilled red onions
Spinach salad (I use this in place of lettuce)
Mayo, Mustard, & Ketchup to taste

Preparation
Place the mushroom caps, smooth side up, in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the mushrooms. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or so, turning twice.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. (I do this all in a frying pan)
Brush grate with oil. Place mushrooms on the grill, reserving marinade for basting. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until tender. Brush with marinade frequently. Top with cheese during the last 2 minutes of grilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment