Monday, August 16, 2010

.chicken tortilla soup.

I was craving this soup from one on my favorite restaurants but did not want to spend the money and energy to go out. After looking this recipe up on allrecipes.com I discovered that I already had all the ingredients so I could easily make it :) I did not have corn tortillas so I used tortilla chips that I already had and just crushed them up. Im sure it would be even better with the real tortillas. Also, you can add much more chili powder and cumin if you like the flavor much stronger like i do :) Enjoy!



Ingredients
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 (6 inch) corn tortillas, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 onion, chopped
1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 bay leaves
4 cups chicken broth
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked

Preparation
In a large stock pot heat oil. Add tortillas, garlic, cilantro and onion. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add cumin, chili powder, bay leaves and chicken stock. Return to a boil, reduce heat to medium and add salt and cayenne. Simmer for 30 minutes remove bay leaves and stir in chicken. Heat through and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment