Friday, December 23, 2011

.pumpkin pasta sauce. {husband's choice}

I was a bit skeptical of this recipe at first but I had a can of pumpkin that I needed to do something with and I love cream so I decided to give it a try. WOW was I pleasantly surprised. The original recipe can be found here. (love that blog mucho). It was a big hit with the hubby and beyond easy to make. Try it out for yourself :)



Ingredients
1/2 a can of plain pumpkin ( I used a bit more)
1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cup of heavy cream
5 fresh sage leaves finely chopped
salt and pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon of butter

Preparation
Mix all ingredients (except butter) in a small pot and heat on medium until it comes to a boil. Let it boil for three-four minutes stirring constantly. The sauce will become smooth and mixed well. Remove from heat and add your butter. Stir until melted and lightly toss over your favorite pasta. I used Rigatoni pasta. I sprinkled a little Italian cheese blend right over top.

1 comment:

  1. This really sounds delicious. I am new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete