Thursday, November 18, 2010

.cottage cheese enchiladas.

This amazing recipe is from my friend Shawna. For my bridal shower I was given recipes from everyone that came and I am just now starting to go through them (im horrible I know). It was so simple and delicious. The picture posted is from the before, because I forgot to take an after picture. Also, the original recipe calls for red enchilada sauce but I prefer green. Use what you like :) Enjoy!



Ingredients
1 TBSP veg. oil
2 skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can green chile peppers
1 package Taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1 pinch ground pepper
2 cups cottage cheese
corn tortillas (about 12)
2 cups of shredded monterey jack cheese
1 can of red or green enchilada sauce

Preparation
Heat oil in skillet over med. heat. Add chicken, onion, peppers and saute until brown. Add your taco seasoning according to package directions.

In a separate bowl mix sour cream and cottage cheese with salt & pepper. Stir.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Assemble the enchilada by heating tortillas until soft. Place a spoonful of meat mixture and cottage cheese mixture and add some shredded cheese. Roll them and put them in a baking dish. Top with and remaining sauce and cheese. bake for 30 mins. or until cheese bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment