Monday, November 29, 2010

.taco soup.

This is the perfect recipe for those cold winter nights that we have been having. This recipe was sent to me by my friend Erin (thank you!), and I have already made it twice already. Its SO good and I especially love all the toppings you can put on it. I'm getting hungry as I type..anyways..I cut some of the recipe in half and it still made a ton of leftovers. Enjoy! (if you want to freeze leftovers for another day double the meat, tomatoes and corn)



Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 cans of corn
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of pinto beans
1 small can of diced jalapenos mild or chili peppers
1 package of Taco seasoning
1 package of Ranch seasoning

Preparation
Cook the meat and onions until meat is brown. Then add all cans and DO NOT DRAIN any of them, then add packages of seasonings. Heat until boiling and serve. Can be served with sour cream, cheese, cilantro and onions for toppings. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. this is one of my favorite family recipes! we have a little variation on it - we like to crunch up tortilla chips on the bottom before pouring in the soup. also, there's this AMAZING El Torito brand corn cake mix (different than cornbread) sold in supermarkets that we make and scoop into it. Try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally made it with that El Torito corn cake mix!!!! SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete