Monday, January 24, 2011

.twice baked mashed potatoes.

This amazing recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. The original recipe was done with the potatoes carefully put back into the skins. I do not have the skill or patience to do this so I added my own twist and just mashed it all together, skins and all. Definitely a crowd pleaser and one thanksgiving leftover I can never get enough of. Enjoy!



Ingredients
4 to 12 potatoes
1 pint cottage cheese with chives
1 stick of margarine or butter
1/2 cup mayo
parmesan
parsley flakes

Preparation
Put potatoes, washed and pierced with a fork, in oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Take out and let cool. Mash up potatoes with skins. Add cottage cheese, margarine and mayo to potato mixture, and mix well. (if you want it to be really smooth mix with beater) Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top. Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley flakes on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment