Thursday, January 27, 2011

.balsamic glazed chicken with acorn squash.

The recipe all started with me discovering an acorn squash at the store. I thought it was so cute so I decided to buy it. I had no idea what I was going to do with it until I was looking through the cookbooks we got for our wedding and stumbled upon this recipe. It was super delicious. My only complaint was that the acorn squash was really difficult to cut. It was so firm I thought I as going to cut myself for sure, so I did not use the full amount in my recipe because I gave up on cutting the squash after about 5 mins. Good luck and enjoy!



Ingredients
1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (I used green because it was what I had)
1 acorn squash, peeled, halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cheese of choice (optional- I add cheese to everything but the recipe does not call for it)

Preparation
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to a large, oven-proof skillet (or shallow baking dish) that has been coated with non-stick spray.
Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and squash is tender. (If adding cheese do so for last 10 minutes of cooking)

No comments:

Post a Comment