Monday, August 22, 2011

.taco salad. {husband's choice}

Here is yet another amazing recipe from my mother-in-law. My hubby used to love this recipe when he was growing up, so it was so nice to recreate a favorite from his childhood. And...omg I am so in love with it as well. As summer is winding down I feel like I could eat salad all day long {luckily we had tons of leftovers}. Try it out for yourself and enjoy!



Ingredients
lettuce (chopped)
tomatoes (chopped)
cheddar cheese, grated (I used a mixed mexican blend that was already grated)
jack cheese, grated
taco sauce
ground beef/turkey
kidney beans
avocado (diced)
tortilla chips (crushed)
onion (diced)
thousand island dressing
taco seasoning (I added this to the meat)

Preparation
Cook ground beef until brown. Add onion and taco seasoning if desired. Let cool. Add all ingredients in a large salad bowl, mix up and enjoy!

1 comment: