Friday, April 30, 2010

.cheese soup with wild rice.

This amazing recipe was given to be again by my mother-in-law. She put together a recipe box for my hubby and I with all his favorite recipes :) I changed the recipe a bit by adding some broccoli and regular white rice in addition to the wild rice. Also, I do not add bacon when I make it, just to make it a bit healthier. However, I am posting the original recipe, so feel free to add bacon, broccoli or whatever you please, just have fun with it! Also, since it is a crock pot recipe its perfect for those busy days! Super tasty with beer bread :) Mmm mmm good!





Ingredients
1 jar or bag crumbled bacon
1-2 onions, chopped
1 lb. Velveeta
3 c milk
2 cans cream potato soup
2 cans cream chicken soup
1/2 c washed raw wild rice
2 chicken breasts, grilled with garlic powder (depending how long you cook you can put in raw)*optional

Preparation
Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for several hours until hot. Or simmer until hot over the stove. (I will add the broccoli in the last 30 mins or so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment