Monday, April 26, 2010

.ranch potato salad.

This is another recipe out of my fabulous magazine, 5 ingredients or less. I made this for a pot luck to celebrate my friend Kim's birthday. My first pot luck where I actually made something, instead of just running to the store and buying something! The hubby loved this and devoured the leftovers which we actually reheated and turned it into a warm mashed potato side dish. Also, I have never boiled potatoes before..and apparently if you boil them for too long the skins fall off. opps!




Ingredients
2 pounds red potatos
1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 package (2.8 ounces) bacon bits
1/4 teaspoon pepper
dash garlic pepper

Preparation
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender,

In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (dressing will be thick). Drain potatoes and cut into cubes; add to the dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Refrigerate the leftevers.

No comments:

Post a Comment