Monday, September 19, 2011

.crockpot chicken.

This is one of the easiest recipes EVER. I have always wanted to make a whole chicken but was so intimidated by the thought of it. I decided it wouldn't be so overwhelming if I was able to toss it in the crockpot {love} and it worked out quite nicely if I do say so myself. The only part that was a bit traumatizing to me was the skinning of the chicken. Not the most attractive part of the recipe but I survived and so will you. The seasoning can also be easily altered to your individual preferences. I just opened up my spice cabinet and tossed stuff in :) This is the perfect meal when you are too lazy to cook but still want to eat something delicious and healthy. Enjoy.



Ingredients
1 whole chicken
1 yellow onion, sliced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
seasoning salt
pepper
parsley
chili powder

Preparation
Skin and clean whole chicken. Turn crockpot on low and place onions on the bottom of crockpot. Place chicken on top of onions. Rub chicken with garlic inside and out. Season with spices of choice. Cook on low for 4-5 hours until done. Serve with rice and veggies and enjoy!

2 comments: