I found this recipe in either Glamour or Cosmopolitan.. I can't really remember which. The original recipe makes it with spaghetti, but I like fettucini better, im sure you could use any pasta of your choice. I made this with my friend Lauren and we decided it needed a lot more pesto than the recipe calls for, so just add as much as you need to taste. I also like to cook the whole wheat pasta a little longer than the recipe calls for to make sure its tender enough (whole wheat pasta is so tough!) Have fun!
4 oz. dry whole wheat pasta of your choice
2 chicken cutlets
salt and pepper to taste
4 tbsp. pesto sauce
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. shredded parmesan
1. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, place a saute pan over medium heat.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper. When pan is hot, gently lay cutlets in middle of pan. Cook approximately 3 minutes per side, or until the meat in the thickest part of the cutlet is not pink. Let rest for a minute; slice crosswise.
4. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
5. Toss pasta with chicken, pesto, olive oil and enough cooking water so that the pesto spreads evenly over the noodles. Sprinkle Parmesan and basil on top.