Thursday, May 27, 2010

.parmesan steak fries.

I love love love fries. These fries are actually much healthier than my favorite McDonald's fries..They take much longer to make, but I figure if I must eat fries, and I MUST, then parmesan steak fries are the way to go! These are a great addition to any burger (as pictured with my fav blue cheese burger) and fabulous for the summer. Enjoy!




Ingredients
cooking spray
2 large russet potatos (about 1 1/2 pounds total) unpeeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder to taste

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Cut each of the potatoes in half lengthwise. Rest each half on its flat side and cut each half lengthwise straight down into 4 even slices. Put the potatoes into a medium-size bowl and toss with the oil and seasonings.
Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the potatoes with cheese and continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes, until they are crisp and golden brown; there is no need to turn them. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment