Thursday, July 7, 2011

.mashed potatoes.

These are the wonderful mashed potatoes that I served with the chicken marsala. I love baked potatoes but the hubby is partial to mashed potatoes and after almost a year and a half of marriage I decided to make them for him. I had no idea how simple this recipe really is and super yummy. (helped that I added some cream..yum) This recipe was so great I made it again the following week..and accidently made 6 lbs of mashed potatoes, so needless to say we will be taking a break from anything potato for awhile. Enjoy!



Ingredients {serves 6}
6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup warm milk (I added some yummy cream)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper

Preparation
Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper; mash until light and fluffy.

2 comments:

  1. Just a tip, I make my potatoes the same way. But, instead of boiling them in water, I simmer them in the milk and butter. I pour Non-Fat milk over the potatoes, just until it reaches the top of the potatoes (I dont submerge them).

    Then, when the potatoes are cooked, I just have to start mashing in the pan. If I need a little more liquid, Ill just pour in some cream and sour cream.

    Its WONDERFUL. One pot dish, with little clean up. Plus, the potato flavor is AMPLIFIED by not pouring off the cooking liquid.

    ReplyDelete